Monday, May 8, 2017

Music: The Wastelands from Last Ninja Preview by Matt Gray C64

This is a single, not an entire album. That's why this review is shorter than my usual work.

 The Wastelands by Matt Gray on SoundCloud

Matt Gray is at it yet again, remaking music from The Last Ninja for the Commodore 64. I listened to this track, and knew that I just had to review it.

This whole song is very upbeat, with a bit of anxious heroism. It's as if everything is on the line, and you can't afford to fail your mission. It gives the idea that if you fail, "The whole world could explode." (Agent Washingtub, Red vs. Blue Season 6) and I love it.

Okay, after quoting Red vs. Blue, I just started thinking of ways to fit this song into its soundtrack. Needless to say, none of them actually worked. Now I really want to watch all of RvB again...

I enjoyed this single, and I'm somewhat sad that the whole album won't be released until... September 2018, according to the Reformation 2 Kickstarter page. That's right, this preview is for an album that won't be released until next year. 

Finally, please don't forget that I have a Patreon page now! Please check it out, even if you don't want to pledge any money. Clicking the "Become a patron" button on the right side of the page only takes you to my Patreon page, it doesn't force you into paying for anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Leave a comment here, just no harassing me or other users!
Anti-Monsanto stuff is okay though.