Monday, May 8, 2017

Update: Another thing about Patreon...

The only edit made (aside from this header) was clicking the "Remove Formatting" button. 


I know that most of you probably haven't even thought about supporting me via Patreon, but for those of you who might be (no matter how few you are), here's an explanation as to what it means to support me on Patreon:

I discovered that few people know about Patreon. Seeing as I have a page on that site now, I'd like to take a minute to explain exactly what it is.

People who create things they post on the internet generally have a difficult time making a consistent income, which is an issue Patreon tries to help solve. This is done by allowing people to "pledge" money to the creator they want to support, and receive rewards made by the creator in return. Creators can charge on either a per-post basis or per-month basis, and like most people, I settled for the per-month option. This means if you, for example, pledge $1, you give me that much money each month, and get access to Patron-only posts on my Patreon page. These posts are short stories, poems, and maybe will be the occasional review of things unrelated to music.

So you give me money, but what do I spend it on? Most of the money I get from Patreon I plan on using to buy more albums to review, while a little of the money left from that will go towards registering the copyright on my novel, and whatever is left after that will go towards personal spending (photography equipment, art supplies, a new router, etc.).

Have a good day everyone, I'm going to go get something to eat now. I haven't consumed anything except water and breathable air since lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Leave a comment here, just no harassing me or other users!
Anti-Monsanto stuff is okay though.