Monday, June 19, 2017

Music: Denouement by Gates of Ivory

I've been alluding to this moment for about two weeks now

So, as those of you who regularly read this blog know, I've been wanting to review this album for quite some time. Well, I've been taking my time with this review, and so here it is! Image copied from CD Baby. Click it to go to the page!

As always, I made this review of my own accord. It has not been endorsed by Gates of Ivory in any way, as far as I know. I have not been paid to make this review, and I was not given a review copy of the album. 
Denouement by Gates of Ivory on CD Baby

I might as well say this before anything else: Gates of Ivory is absolutely one of my all-time favorite bands, and I'm hoping they come out with new songs soon. Some of you who know me in real life know that I tried to play The Deadly Poetic on acoustic guitar, which didn't go as well as I hoped it would. Still trying to improve though. If anything, I'm stubbornly persistent. 

One of this album's greatest strengths is that it only has 5 tracks. 5 well-written tracks of indescribable awesomeness, none of which feel out of place. The instruments are utilized perfectly, the lyrics are quite fitting, and each song creates incredibly vivid and unique scenarios in my mind. 

Image may contain: text

Here is a screenshot of the first search I made regarding this album. Now I'm wondering if this means Denouement is Gates of Ivory's final album...

I don't want it to be.

Overall, I enjoyed this whole album (if that wasn't obvious already). If you like metal, I'd recommend buying it, and also searching up this album on YouTube so that you can follow Gates of Ivory there. Again, they did not endorse this review. I wrote it because I wanted to, and I was not paid to do so. I have no complaints when it comes to this album.

Gates of Ivory, keep making great music! You're one of the few groups left that produces real music!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Leave a comment here, just no harassing me or other users!
Anti-Monsanto stuff is okay though.