Monday, May 22, 2017

Music: Red vs. Blue Season 13 Soundtrack

 Red vs. Blue Season 13 Soundtrack on the RT Store

So maybe I'm watching Red vs. Blue a little too much, or maybe I'm just bored, have nothing to do, and decided to look up this album on YouTube so I could review it. Either way, I still don't have any posters to put up on the wall behind my desktop monitor, which isn't too surprising. 

I'll say it outright: this soundtrack captures the atmosphere of the entirety of Season 13, and although I didn't enjoy this album as much as I enjoyed the Season 9 and Season 10 soundtracks, I still found some degree of satisfaction here. Still, I think that there's some merit in the idea of bringing back Jeff Williams for Season 15, and getting him to work with Trocadero on the soundtrack. I might be wrong (meaning Wikipedia might be wrong), but I think that Jeff Williams was the keyboard player for Trocadero at one point in time. 

Okay, I just found one word to describe this soundtrack: haunting. Just listen to it, and you'll get what I mean, especially with People Person, and Absolute Control.

Overall, this wasn't my favorite RvB soundtrack, but it wasn't "bad" by any means. If anything, I believe it fit the season very well, but it just doesn't sound quite right without visuals from the show accompanying the music. If you like the haunting sounds of the Chorus Trilogy seasons soundtracks over the quite varied tones of the Project Freelancer seasons, then this album is for you. But, if you prefer Project Freelancer's tracks, then consider carefully before buying this album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Leave a comment here, just no harassing me or other users!
Anti-Monsanto stuff is okay though.