Monday, May 22, 2017

Music: Roses and Violets by Trocadero

And now, for something those of you who have been reading my blog since the beginning were probably expecting...

Roses and Violets on the RT Store
If you've read my first posts on here, or know me in real life, you'll know that I'm a huge fan of Red vs. Blue. The only reason I don't have the Church-isms and the Caboose-isms posters yet is that I simply don't have the money for it! Still working on that.

Anyway, some of you might've been expecting this review. After all, I reviewed the soundtracks of seasons 9 and 10 (Project Freelancer), which I thought were pure awesomeness of an unfathomable degree, and I'm kinda sad that Jeff Williams is no longer the composer for the series. 

Going in, I wasn't expecting this album to be as enjoyable as it is. After all, this is the soundtrack from the early years of RvB, and I remember skipping the opening theme after the first few episodes, but listening to the music without the visuals from the show accompanying it is a different experience entirely; it's an experience that I thoroughly enjoyed. 

Its been a while since I've found an album that's entirely enjoyable and has tracks that I especially enjoy. In Roses and Violets, that track is definitely Steady Ride (Gun Metal Green), for several reasons. The lyrics are memorable and well-written, and the instruments used for the song are used effectively. 

Overall, I loved this whole album. The tracks are short yet memorable, and for me, create quite vivid scenarios inside my mind. Looks like I'll be listening to this several times over just for the sake of it. If you like Red vs. Blue, I'd recommend buying this album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Leave a comment here, just no harassing me or other users!
Anti-Monsanto stuff is okay though.