Thursday, February 23, 2017

Music: DEMOlition - Demos That Didn't Make KABOOM! by I Fight Dragons

The Review Starts Here
DEMOlition on the I Fight Dragons Store

Anyone getting an awkward feeling from this start, where the formatting is not like the other reviews here? Well, that's intentional. I felt a bit awkward when I first saw this album cover, and then I realized it's just the cover for KABOOM, but with DEMOlition placed over KABOOM!

Anyway, I enjoyed this far more than I thought I would. I've listened to it before, and yet I never really paid any attention to the songs after the first time around. I recently re-read Neuromancer, by William Gibson (one of the greatest books I've read, for sure), and now I feel that in some way, track 3, Circles, was partly inspired by that book. Don't ask me why, I don't know how to explain this feeling.

Continuing upon the awkward feeling, I'll cut it off here.

Just kidding, not going to do that. Overall, I enjoyed this whole album. Now I'm cutting it off for the sake of awkwardness.

1 comment:

  1. Alek,

    I love your writing style - it is unique, and totally matches the types of albums you are reviewing.

    Something I would like you to do is to DIVERSIFY the types of albums that you are listening to. Listen to old stuff. Look up some of the bands that you love and find their influences, who they like, and where their sounds came from. Try to explore this way throughout the next month.

    Overall, I really enjoyed reading these, and plan to check out the I Fight Dragons stuff. I like the band name, and upon your recommendation listened to a song yesterday and thought it was cool.

    Thanks for your hard work. 30/30

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Leave a comment here, just no harassing me or other users!
Anti-Monsanto stuff is okay though.