Sunday, February 19, 2017

Music: Red vs. Blue Season 10 Soundtrack

This being my first post on this blog, and the first post of substance I have made on any of my blogs, I may as well start off by saying that this page will be used to review things, as the name implies.

Recently, I've been re-watching all of Red vs. Blue (look it up on YouTube if you don't know what it is), and I began to take notice of the background music, so I looked up "Red vs. Blue soundtrack", and clicked on the playlist for the Season 10 soundtrack. Now, I want to buy it.

By the way, you can click on the image below to go to the Rooster Teeth Store page where you can buy it. No, I wasn't paid to put it there, I just thought I might as well encourage everyone to acquire the album legitimately, so there. The image was pulled from the RT Store page, so it's owned by the people at Rooster Teeth.

RvB Season 10 Soundtrack (RT Store)

The Actual Review
Okay, I discovered that not all rap is bad, it's just mostly the stuff played on the radio (I can't stop listening to Terminate and The More). Yes, that means you won't be seeing reviews for albums by Eminem on here. 
On another note, most of the tracks were written very well, which as a musician (piano and guitar), I can appreciate. I've never thought to combine vocals and electric guitar in the way they did near the end of Mental Meta Metal (one of my favorite instrumentals of all time). The lyrics were also some of the best I've ever heard, especially in Fragments, but they only make sense to those who watch Red vs. Blue. If you haven't yet, look it up on YouTube, it's available there for free. 
Sadly, the tracks in this album were Jeff Williams' final contribution to the show. No, he isn't dead, he's just not contributing to RvB anymore. The only issues I have with the album lie within two songs: Forever and Pray. Forever was far too calm for my tastes, and Pray seemed to be a bit rushed. I'm not entirely sure how to explain that feeling in words that exist, so I suppose this is the end of the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Leave a comment here, just no harassing me or other users!
Anti-Monsanto stuff is okay though.