Sunday, February 19, 2017

Music: VA-11 HALL-A - Second Round

This time, I'm starting with the actual review.
Wait a minute...
Okay, new rule, the actual review is below the image.

This time, I pulled the image from Garorad's Bandcamp page, specifically the one for VA-11 HALL-A - Second Round. Click on the image to go to it, and remember kids, don't torrent music! If you do, it can go on your permanent record (no, I am not kidding about that).

For those of you who are wondering, no I don't own the game. I've only watched NicoB's livestreams of the game on Twitch, which he posted on his YouTube channel.Click the underlined, colored words to go to it. Just like my previous review, I was not paid to put any links or to tell you to go to someone's YouTube page.

The Actual Review
Overall, I found this to be an enjoyable experience. I happen to enjoy 80's synth-pop and chiptunes, which happen to be the two main categories which fit the whole of the VA-11 HALL-A soundtrack. 
The mood is quite varying on a track-by-track basis, from the ethereal, mysterious-yet-enticing percussion and piano of A Neon Glow Lights the Way, to the upbeat, hopeful guitar and horn of Every Day is Night, there seems to be no shortage of unique arrangements here. 
Admittedly, I did find a few of the tracks either too calm or too repetitive, but that can safely be attributed to personal tastes. As I stated earlier, this was an enjoyable experience overall, and I'd definitely buy this album if I had the $7 necessary to do so. 
Is it just me, or do the first few minutes of track 6 (Drive Me Wild) sound like the opening of Jump by Van Halen?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Leave a comment here, just no harassing me or other users!
Anti-Monsanto stuff is okay though.