Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Music: Freewind by OneWordOnly

Yet again, I find myself on OneWordOnly's SoundCloud page, and now I have just finished listening to the first album released: Freewind (the review starts up here today). As per usual, I do not own the image, this time I had to use the Inspect tool in Chrome to go to the source. Click on the image to go to the album.

 Freewind by OneWordOnly

(This is still the review)

I couldn't discern what genre this album falls into, so let's just say it's several. The first track, Liftoff, was too repetitive on the vocals for my tastes, but I'm sure there are people out there who enjoy that type of thing.

I especially enjoyed track 2, Artemis; it begins like something you'd hear on an SNES game, and while it keeps that feel, several seconds into the track, you also get the feel of the Tron: Legacy soundtrack. Don't ask me why, but I actually enjoyed that. If you listen to this album and enjoyed it, take a look at another SoundCloud page: Jupiter-18, he writes that kind of stuff all the time.

The final two tracks, Whitewash and I Wish, sound like what you'd hear at a nightclub after everyone's gotten drunk. Not that I'd know what that's like, I've never been to a nightclub. They're way too loud for me, and my extreme noise sensitivity doesn't help with that. I did enjoy the tracks though, they weren't too distracting, and so I was able to listen to them while working on some homework.

Overall, my feelings are mixed on this album. I enjoyed it at times, but at other times, it just seemed to be a bit rushed. Guess I'm ending the review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Leave a comment here, just no harassing me or other users!
Anti-Monsanto stuff is okay though.