Thursday, February 23, 2017

Music: Jet Set Radio Future OST

https://www.amazon.com/Jet-Radio-Future-Hideki-Naganuma/dp/B000062VF4

Review Begins Here
Who here remembers Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio Future? I sure do! I haven't played either in years, but I still remember the soundtrack to Future, which always sounds epic when it plays in the background as you venture through Tokyo-To, fighting the Rokkaku Corporation, and listening to DJ Professor K's commentary. Except for Birthday Cake, that track is indescribably annoying regardless of whether it plays in the background of the game, or from a CD player. I think it's the high-pitched voice, high frequencies tend to make my head hurt. Good thing that track isn't in the version of the album I linked the image to.
My feelings on this album are quite mixed. I enjoy the soundtrack while playing the game (except for Birthday Cake), but it doesn't sound as awesome when it's playing outside of the game (in my case, from a YouTube playlist). Concept of Love, Fly Like a Butterfly, Statement of Intent, Count LatchulaSneakman, and Me Likey the Poom Poom are the exceptions to this discovery, for some reason or another.  
I didn't hate the experience of listening to this, but it wasn't my favorite either. Then again, I did listen to the entire soundtrack, which was on a YouTube playlist. Only part of the soundtrack is on the album I linked to, sadly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Leave a comment here, just no harassing me or other users!
Anti-Monsanto stuff is okay though.