Thursday, February 23, 2017

Music: KABOOM! by I Fight Dragons (EDITED)

Firstly: no, I Fight Dragons is not the same thing as Imagine Dragons. I Fight Dragons does chiptunes (NES guitar, can you get more awesome than that?), Imagine Dragons does not. I'll say it right here: I Fight Dragons is one of the best bands I know of.

 KABOOM! on the I Fight Dragons Store

The Actual Review
Like me, those of you who remember when the original 3DS was the newest thing from Nintendo will probably remember when the music video for Save World, Get Girl by I Fight Dragons showed up on Nintendo Video. I know I remember, and I remember getting my friend into this band soon after. Still not regretting that. 
I have to say, this is definitely one of the best albums I have ever listened to, and I have not found anything like it as of yet. The cover art grabs your attention, and then you completely forget that it doesn't actually have anything to do with the actual songs themselves as you become focused on the lyrics and instruments. 
I can honestly say that I don't have a favorite track on here. At first, I thought I wouldn't enjoy track 4, My Way, but I did. Then, I listened to the other tracks I didn't think I'd enjoy (With You, Disaster Hearts, and Suburban Doxology), and while I didn't like them, I didn't hate them either. The lyrics were well-written, but I felt that the songs were played far too calmly for my tastes. Still, I have no regrets when it comes to listening to this entire album. 
EDIT: I actually like Disaster Hearts, even though it made me cry a lot. When I say "a lot" I mean a lot. Also, Suburban Doxology was AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Leave a comment here, just no harassing me or other users!
Anti-Monsanto stuff is okay though.