Sunday, March 26, 2017

Music: Liberation Transmission

Yes, I know why Ian Watkins ended up in prison, but that's not going to be the focus of this review. Someone in the comments section of one of Lostprophets' videos once said that it's fine to like their music, and not like Watkins or what he did. I agree, as Watkins was not the entire band, and I still like their music. If the comments section turns into the usual Watkins-related insults/rants, I WILL SHUT OFF THE COMMENTS FOR THIS POST. Okay, rant over. Image was obtained from Wikipedia, and I couldn't find any sites that still sell this album, so you'll just have to look it up on YouTube or something. On another note, according to Wikipedia, Lostprophets originated in Wales. I did not know that before today.
Image result for lostprophets liberation transmission
The Actual Review
I won't lie, I liked the whole of the album. In fact, I sometimes listen to it while I write the "fight scenes" for a game I'm working on with some friends. I don't understand the cover art though. The words below the vulture... raven... okay, the words below the thing-that-looks-like-a-bird appear to be in Classical Latin, which I have studied, but I can't seem to be able to translate them. Not kidding, if I were to give this album a rating, it would be a 9.5/10 simply because of the words below the bird-thing. 
Okay, drop that to a 9/10, as I feel that the songs were a little too riff-heavy. The lyrics (for the most part), I liked. The emotional connection I feel with 4 AM Forever is present because the song reminds me of how I felt when my previous two schools shut down (the second started up after the first shut down). A Town Called Hypocrisy somewhat describes what the second school was like for me. There, I felt as if I was able to help all of the broken and lonely kids who ended up there, that I was able to help them to no longer be broken or lonely. All of us who went there were, and still are gifted learners. No, that doesn't mean we're superior to everyone else in every way, it means that our minds function quite... uniquely, and because of that, the "one size fits all" system of education doesn't work for any of us. 
To those of you who know which two schools I'm talking about, I'm sorry that I couldn't stick with you until the end of the second one. You guys gave me a new lease on life after the first one shut down. The reason I started this blog is not because of a class at my current school, but because I know at least some of you from those other two schools will read what I write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Leave a comment here, just no harassing me or other users!
Anti-Monsanto stuff is okay though.