Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Music: Portal 2 Sountrack [SONGS TO TEST BY]

By the way, I'm reviewing all 3 parts of the OST at once here. Played through both Portal 1 and 2, still having fun with 2's level creator.
Image result for portal 2 ost
The *Bass Drum Noise*
Actual *Another Bass Drum Noise*
Review *Also Sprach Zarathustra plays*
Yes, I know the Portal games are no longer what's "in" right now.
I won't say "The cake is a lie!" oh wait, I just did.
I'll stop with the cringe-inducing Portal jokes here.  
But, many of you who have played all the way through both Portal and Portal 2 know just how much fun they still are, just like I do. Portal 2 shall remain relevant until... well, at least until Portal Guns, the Gels, and Aperture Science Long Fall Boots are all invented. 
Anyway, Portal and Portal 2 remain two of my all-time favorite games, and the Portal 2 OST remains one of my all-time favorite soundtracks. Each and every track causes my imagination to kick into some state above overdrive (since it's already always in overdrive); with each new sound comes another entire chapter of each of the many stories unfolding inside of my mind, and the beginnings of new stories. It's not much of a surprise, since the atmospheres created by each track are so varied. From the epic expectations set by Science is Fun and Reconstructing More Science, to the haunting melodies of Technical Error and Overgrowth, and much more, I have yet another album that makes me experience emotions that have no names! I enjoyed the whole album, as I have never heard anything else like it. 
Finally, I can say it for sure: [SONGS TO TEST BY] is going in the #1 slot of my list of all-time favorite albums, and I have the feeling that it'll be there for quite some time.
By the way, having Portal 3 or Half-Life 3 wouldn't make sense, due to the endings of Portal 2 and Half-Life 2 bringing everything to a close. Maybe Valve can finally get to work on F-Stop though, I saw some of the work on it online, and I personally think that it would do very well, given that Valve has shown time and time again that they can work with unique ideas very well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Leave a comment here, just no harassing me or other users!
Anti-Monsanto stuff is okay though.