Monday, March 27, 2017

Music: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Vocal Tracks

I have a confession to make: I have never played any of the Metal Gear games, and all I know of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance comes from a Let's Play on YouTube; I know almost nothing about Metal Gear Solid in any way, but plan on correcting that soon.
On another note, image was taken from iTunes, so click on it if you want to buy this album. As always, I'm not paid to put links in my posts.
MGR:R - Vocal Tracks on iTunes
The Actual Review
To start out, according to Google, this album is classified under the "heavy metal" genre. I did not know I liked heavy metal until I listened to this, and then I discovered that I don't like all heavy metal. Before this, I knew I liked metal (might do a review for a Gates of Ivory album later), and now I'm able to differentiate between metal and heavy metal. 
Going back on-topic, I thought this album was... meh. I know this is heavy metal, but I thought there was too much screaming, but at least I was able to clearly understand the lyrics, so that's definitely a plus. If you were to ask me what my favorite track is, I'd say that I'm stuck between the Maniac Agenda Mix of A Stranger I Remain and the Platinum Mix of The Hot Wind Blowing. Okay, add the Platinum Mix of I'm My Own Master Now to the list, and you've got the completed version. No particular reason for my choices, or at least any reasons that I want to share, but the reasons are there. 
Earlier, I said that there was too much screaming for me. I would like to finish by stating that in spite of that, I somewhat enjoyed the album, but the screaming still lowered my opinion of the album. If it weren't a constant thing, meaning if it were only present in one or less than 20% of the songs, I'd enjoy the album a lot more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Leave a comment here, just no harassing me or other users!
Anti-Monsanto stuff is okay though.